Grove – Time of Flight Distance Sensor-VL53L0X is a high speed, high accuracy and long range distance sensor based on VL53L0X.
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module housed in the smallest package on the market today, providing accurate distance measurement whatever the target reflectances unlike conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2m, setting a new benchmark in ranging performance levels, opening the door to various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second generation Flight SenseTM patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940 nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer ranging distances, higher immunity to ambient light, and better robustness to cover glass optical crosstalk.
Fully integrated miniature module
- 940 nm laser VCSEL
- VCSEL driver
- Ranging sensor with advanced embedded micro controller
Fast, accurate distance ranging
- Measures absolute range up to 2 m
- Reported range is independent of the target reflectance
- Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify cover glass selection
- Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 – 3rd edition
- Single power supply
- I2C interface for device control and data transfer
- Xshutdown (reset) and interrupt GPIO
- Programmable I2C address
|Dimensions||20mm x20mm x11mm|
|Working temperature||-20℃ – 70℃|
|Recommed measure distance||30mm-1000mm|
|Infrared emitter||940 nm|
|Default IIC Address||0x52|
|Grove – Time of Flight Distance Sensor 30 to 1000mm(VL53L0X)||1|